Adam Audio A7X
ADAM Audio A7X 7 inch Powered Studio Monitor
The ADAM audio a7x is the successor to the mighty A7. The original A7, became the most famous of all ADAM monitors in a very short time. Not only has it been reviewed over three dozen times with outstanding results, it has also received numerous awards. The A7 quickly gained mass appeal, praised in many of the world’s largest internet forums. Still today, the A7 are the reference monitors in many smaller studios.
The first aspect that distinguishes the ADAM A7X is the X-ART tweeter. The ‘X’ stands for ‘eXtended frequency response’ and thus for one of the features of the Accelerating Ribbon Technology that has been drastically improved: the frequency response. It now extends all the way up to 50kHz. In addition, the X-ART tweeter has a higher efficiency and higher maximum sound pressure levels.
The perfect integration with the lower frequencies has been achieved with a 7” mid-woofer. It has been redesigned with a much bigger voice coil (1.5”) and is driven by an amplifier with twice the power compared to its predecessor. This combination produces an amazing sound and pressure levels with an almost distortion-free musical reproduction.
Each driver has its own dedicated amplifier. A 50W A/B amp is responsible for the X-ART tweeter, while the mid-woofer is being driven by a 100W PWM amp. The front panel of the ADAM A7X includes a power switch and a control for the volume that retains the volume setting independently from the on/off switch.
On the rear panel of the ADAM A7X are several additional controls: a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for high and low frequencies. To ensure greater compatibility, there are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors.
The adam audio a7x Features:
- 7in Carbon / rohacell / glass Woofer
- Xart Tweeter
- Woofer Amp. power RMS / music: 100 W / 150 W
- Tweeter Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Frequency response: 42 Hz – 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz ?0.5 %
- Weight: 20.3 lb (9,2 kg)
- Height x Width x Depth 13.5″ (337 mm) x 8″ (201 mm) x 11″ (280 mm)
- Manufacturer: Adam Audio
- Build: 2-Way
- Interception distance: Near field
- Bluetooth: No
- Magnetically shielded: Yes
- Room adjustment: Yes
- DSP: No
- Pair: No
- Size of Woofer (Inches): 7
- Size of Tweeter (Inches): 2
- Total output in watts (RMS): 150
- Amplifier Class: Class AB and Class D
- Frequency range: 42 – 50000Hz
- Inputs analog: 3-Pole XLR, RCA
- Maximum SPL in dB: 111
- Width (mm): 201
- Depth (mm): 280
- Height (mm): 337
- Weight (kg): 9.2